The church of Holy Trinity of the Pilgrims and Convalescents
is a 16th century hospice church which is now parochial, and which is located on the Piazza della Trinità dei Pellegrini in the rione Regola. The dedication is to the Holy Trinity.
For reference, a plan of the church is available here
The original church of San Benedetto in Arenula is mentioned in a document from 1186. In 1558 Pope Paul IV assigned the church to the Archconfraternity of Pilgrims and Convalescents, a charitable institution founded by St Philip Neri in 1548 to care for the poor and the sick, especially for poor pilgrims.
The Archconfraternity rebuilt the church the late 16th century. The architect of the complex was Martino Longhi the Elder, and also later Paolo Maggi. The fabric was not well built, and the dome threatened to collapse by the end of the 17th century. So, major interventions to prevent this were carried out by Giovanni Battista Contini in 1699. The present façade was added by Francesco de Sanctis in 1723. There was a major restoration of the interior from 1847 to 1853 by Antonio Sarti.